– The Online Citizen: 5 Minutes With… Leong Sze Hian on the budget
– My Little Corner: Singapore Budget 2008
– The States Times: A Bo-Chap Budget
– utopia: alternate view of Budget 2008
– Blowin’ In The Wind: Remarkable Singapore
– BothSidesOfTheJohorStraits: Singapore is reserved about our reserves domestically, but not internationally…
– Singapore Life and Times: Better to recieve
– Musings of a Stay-at-home Mum: Budget Day
– Celluloid Reality(s): The end of the fairy-tale? Singapore’s economy hits a bump.
– Perspective Unlimited: Is the Budget Inflationary?
– Young PAP Blog: A Great Budget, But Does It Service?
For the Ministers and the Elites
– Pseudonymity: Singapore Government Ministers To Cost Taxpayers 15% More
– My Sketchbook: ministers’ impending pay raise?
– Simply Jean: Estate duty to be abolished in Singapore
– Nicholas M Ong: Singapore Government Mnisters to Cost Taxpayers 15 pct more
– ringisei: Spare some change please
The Media & Analysts
– PWC: Budget Commentary 2008 – Singapore [PDF]
– The Singapore Stock Market: DBS Vickers talk about singapore’s budget 2008
– Yahoo News: Singapore budget disappoints on tax, sees deficit
– Reuters: S’pore govt ministers to cost taxpayers 15 pct more
– Gulfnews: Singapore budget disappoints as income taxes are held steady
– Guardian: ANALYSTS VIEW 4-Singapore’s FY2008/09 budget
– MSJ: Singapore Budget Tackles Inflation
– CNA: Budget Speech 2008
– News from the 146th by Paddy Tan
If nothing else, click here. [Household Benefits Calculator for FY2008 Budget Initiatives]
8 Apr 2008
– Siew Kum Hong: Budget 2008: MICA, 29 February 2008
29 Feb 2008
– Sgpolitics: My take on the Parliamentary debates for 25,26 Feb
– The Online Citizen: Government fees freeze doesn’t address real concerns
28 Feb 2008
– e pur si muove: Acidflask’s summary of Budget Speech 2008
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: What is your problem, Sylvia Lim?
– Nomed Letters: Now we got more money for…
– Hear Ye! Hear Ye!: Home ownership as a hedge against inflation
– Sgpolitics: Parliamentary snapshots (26 and 27 Feb 08)
– The States Times: A Fishy Story
– Siew Kum Hong: Speech by Minister Tharman: 27 February 2008
27 Feb 2008
– The Daily Backtrack: The Auntie’s View on the Budget
– Mr Wang Says So: The Government Missed By $7,150,000,000. Just Another Honest Mistake
– The Online Citizen: Bitter medicine prescription – with a little spin thrown in
– Sgpolitics: Parliamentary snapshots (25 and 26 Feb 08)
– BothSidesOfTheJohorStraits: …Ministry of Finance should be replaced by a bunch of dart-throwing chimps!
– Singapore Patriot: Bring back our 5% GST, Tharman
– My Singapore News: A $6.4b happy mistake
– utopia: 2008 budget…what did they say again?
– Siew Kum Hong: Budget 2008: Speech on Budget Statement, 26 February 2008