Singapore 2011 General Elections
A vote for change
– New Asia Republic: Seeking Liberty in a Democracy [Thanks D]
– Chapter Two: Reload: The real generation that does not remember
– Article 14: GRCs – where do we go from here?
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: PAP searches for answers…
– SpotlightOnSingapore: Lim Hwee Hua: PAP only needs to be transformed?
– Thoughts of a Singapore Statistician: PAP DOES NOT KNOW how to solve Singapore’s problems
– TOC: The GRC system – I don’t know what to say..
– Icarus Flew Too High: This is why we should have Proportional Representation
– Ahmad in Taiwan: My political awakening
– Feed Me To The Fish: From whence I came? Here I am, Grateful!
– Yours Truly Singapore: A random conversation with a PAP loyalist
– under a Pipala Tree: what revolution?
– The Temple Of Thoughts 3: A Change of Heart
– Freak Thoughts: Dust settles
– The Gigamole Diaries: The PAP’s new clothes….
– Yahoo SingaporeScene: ‘Time to discard policies that divide S’poreans’
Other post GE stuff
– Singapore Actually: Elections Rallies photos
– ex Chersonesus Aurea: SDP post election press conference (unedited video) [Thanks Stanley]
– News Clips: Nominated ministers: Good or bad idea? [Thanks George]
– New Asia Republic: Ode to George Yeo: Pretty Hurt for a Whiteshirt [Thanks D]
– Today Voices: A front-row view of ‘spoilt’ votes
– The Satay Club: For them the next election starts now
– Yahoo: Workers’ Party MPs decide on wards in Aljunied
– East Asia Forum: Reflections on the Singapore general election
– Asia Unbound: Thoughts on Singapore’s Election
– The Economist: Low expectations – In Singapore winning 7% of parliamentary seats is tantamount to an opposition triumph
– PBS: Singapore Entering a ‘New Phase’ in Politics
Healthcare & Healthcare Provider
– TOC: Why are cancer treatments not subsidized by the government?
– Singapore M.D.: Subsidy – the cure for all woes?
– Singapore Notes: Money Is Never Enough For These Guys
– guanyinmiao’s musings: Political Education In Singapore: Beyond ‘National Education’
Strangers in a Strange land
– Yawning Bread on WordPress: ‘We almost had to pull him off the plane’
We are against capital punishment
– We Believe In Second Chances: NGOs form a coalition against the death penalty in Malaysia
– New Asia Republic: Ethics and SAF Values
Life, the universe and everything
– Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: Local bank investors are strange
– Art Radar Asia: The fences are down so look inside: Singapore Biennale 2011′s Old Kallang Airport – picture feast
Selected News Stories
– Reuters: Mind the gap: Asian income gulf shows economic model’s flaws
To answer all the emails about what happened to our site – no, we weren’t hacked. Neither were we arrested! We are moving to a cheaper, better, faster (promo broucher say one) web host. A lot of time spent on emails back and forth with support on queries about the new web host. After that making sure we backup everything and migrate (very carefully!) our database from one host server to another.
We hope to get everything settled by this weekend so please bear with us!
Oh, and thank you all for the emails, especially the ones that offered to chip in for the server :)
g & m