– The Online Citizen: Reflections on Budget 2008
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Lucky to be a citizen of an affluent island..
– Balderdash: …interesting nuggets about tax relief
– Sgpolitics.net: Budget 2008 highlights
– The Daily Backtrack: The Auntie’s View on the Budget
– Mr Wang Says So: The Government Missed By $7,150,000,000. Just Another Honest Mistake
– The Online Citizen: Bitter medicine prescription – with a little spin thrown in
– Sgpolitics: Parliamentary snapshots (25 and 26 Feb 08)
– BothSidesOfTheJohorStraits: …Ministry of Finance should be replaced by a bunch of dart-throwing chimps!
– Singapore Patriot: Bring back our 5% GST, Tharman
– My Singapore News: A $6.4b happy mistake
– utopia: 2008 budget…what did they say again?
– Siew Kum Hong: Budget 2008: Speech on Budget Statement, 26 February 2008
– e pur si muove: Acidflask’s summary of Budget Speech 2008 [Recommended]
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: What is your problem, Sylvia Lim?
– Nomed Letters: Now we got more money for…
– Hear Ye! Hear Ye!: Home ownership as a hedge against inflation
– Sgpolitics: Parliamentary snapshots (26 and 27 Feb 08)
– The States Times: A Fishy Story
– Siew Kum Hong: Speech by Minister Tharman: 27 February 2008
– Sgpolitics: My take on the Parliamentary debates for 25,26 Feb
– The Online Citizen: Government fees freeze doesn’t address real concerns [Recommended]
Prison Break, Singapore Style
– Random Thoughts Of A Free Thinker: CNA: “JI detainee Mas Selamat Kastari escapes from Singapore detention centre”!?
– Singapore Patriot: Terrorist leader escapes from Singapore detention centre
– Simply Jean: Tons of Special Operations Command forces spotted near SCGS
– Unfortunately Singapore: JI Detainee Escapes: State Not Intrusive Enough?
– Used Brains for Sale: Great, Now They’ll Start Checking My Shoes
– Xy Mudane Life: Highly Wanted Man Escapes
– Nomed Letters: Who let the prisoner out?!
– Singapore Life and Times: Toilet tales
– Hard Hitting in the Lion City: JI leader escape in Singapore
– Simply Jean: Security lapse led to JI militant escape, taichi, and other stuffs in Singapore and the region
– The Online Citizen: “Limping Terorist” escapes – 10 questions for Wong Kan Seng
– Singapore Patriot: Mas Selamat’s prison break: Some questions for Home Affairs Minister
– Where Bears Roam Free: The Great Escape or the Great Decoy?
– Chemical Generation Singapore: An Apology Means Little Until the Escaped Terrorist is Caught
– This lush garden within: Poor security at Singapore’s Internal Security Department
– The States Times: “The Fugitive” Rerun
– BothSidesOfTheJohorStraits: Did Mas ‘breakout’, or is this a cover-up? A conspiracy-theorist’s fantasy that is good enough for Hollywood?
– Thrills, spills & flatliners: You Gotta be Kidding
– Bad News on the Doorstep: My Top 5 Gahmen Boo Boos
– Her Gestures: Mission Possible. JI detainee Mas Selamat Kastari escapes from Singapore detention centre.
– Thoughts and Pieces: Escapes of Selamat Kestari
– Military Life: The SAF and SPF are truly lumber 1!
– Alice Cheong in Wonderland: Consolidation of articles on escaped JI leader saga
– Earth@sg: Ji Terrorist leader escapes from Whitely Road Prison
– Coffee Shop Talk: JI Detainee Escapes From Whitley!
– SPUG: Singapore’s most wanted militant escaped from the Whitley Road detention centre today
– HWZ: JI detainee escapes from detention centre
The Great Escape
– Little Speck: The exodus continues
– Yawning Bread: Daydreams of a way station
– Singapore Election Watch: Goodbye and thank you
– THE armchair critic: I’m a Singaporean, merely by birth
Freedom, Choice and a place for my Voice
– Pseudonymity: CASE Gets To Do It Again While SDP Gets Rejected
– The GP Tutor: Minister of Home Affairs: Media Censorship in Singapore – Role played by the Government
– To Fix a Mocking Peasant: Liberalization and the Singaporean Absurd (Disturbingly Funny) [Recommended]
– The Anti Neo-Democracy Theorist: Relaxation of Overseas Voting – Fostering Participation or Creating Pipedreams?
Singaporeans are fed, up with progress!
– Simply Jean: Singapore’s middle “sandwich” class is really very well to do…
– My Singapore News: When the music stops?
– Sophie’s World: Inflationary Asia
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Inflation, Inflation, Inflation..
Singapore Wins 2010 Youth Olympics Bid
– Where Bears Roam Free: Youth Olympics – Victory for Singapore or 2011 Election prop for PAP?
– Sam’s Thoughts: The rhetoric of the Youth Olympics
– rynowned: My take on SYOG 2010
– Singapore Life and Times: Your house my home
– BothSidesOfTheJohorStraits: Singapore 2010: a mini-curse in disguise for the PAP?
The Phantom Menace. PAP mole in the mist?
– Nomed Letters: The Power of Money: From Opposition to Budget 2008 [Recommended]
– The Wayang Party Club of Singapore: Embattled TOC unleashing its ferocious “internet brigade” on critics
CPF & Annuities
– The Online Citizen: CPF Life – does it really address retirement needs?
– Random Rants: CPF Tweaks – Compulsory Annuity Scheme (2)
GIC, Temasek Spending Spree
– The Age: Child-care giant faces break-up [largest shareholder Temaseklast year paid $400 million for a 12% stake] [Thanks Simon]
Strangers in a strange land
– Sgpolitics: Dr Wong Wee Nam: Why Do We Need 6.5 Million People?
– The Online Citizen: Homeless soon, thanks to HDB
– Insane Polygons: Life, Basketball and A Tub of Haagen Dazs
Singapore Airshow 2008
– Die neue Welle: Propaganda?
– Jialat dot Com: Why the hell I toutured myself visiting the fiacking airshow?
– Weikiat.NET: Singapore Airshow 2008
– Musings: Better Hours for Doctors?
– Rat in the Lab: A*STAR/NTU Visiting Science Writer-in-Residence Programme
– Singapore Angle: Dansong’s Angle Ticker: Budget Sandwich, Satyr Fencing, Green Hypocrisy
– The sometimes damsel in distress: On scantily-clad women and prostitutes
– The annotated budak: Cleaners walk out
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Obama is not fit to lead!!!
– Nomed Letters: Left Pocket In, Right Pocket Out: Purchases of GIC and Temasek
– The States Times: Selling Snake Oil
– The Rot Within: ST Against Obama?
– catherinelim.sg: A challenge for the future: Democratising the Lee Kuan Yew model of governance?
– The Maxima: How to systematically develop creativity in Singapore?
– In Search of Goh Bock Seng: Unfair to compare Low Thia Kiang with Malaysian opposition leader Lim Kit Siang
– nofearSingapore: Letter about Parkway Novena Hospital
Life, the universe and everything
– Ian On The Red Dot: How To Tell If A Girl Will Have Sex With You
– SG_Ljers: more about that LIME CD Compilation
– Marina’s Bloggariffic: An Evening of Southeast Asian Music and Dance
– Hear Ye! Hear Ye!: What’s wrong with women expecting some chivalry?
– Ian On The Red Dot: The Internet As A Confession Booth & Place To Release Trapped Emotions
– Simple is the Reason of My Heart: Best Practices in Corporate Blogging
– The armchair critic: Hi I’m from ACS, I must be a hunk…
– Ian On The Red Dot: Singapore Has Our Own Improv Everywhere Inspired Group
– The FØØL’s Progress: Anime Screening @ NUS Arts Fest