Excerpts from Tom’s Hardware:
– While the Geforce 8800 GTX /Ultra performance lead over the Radeon 2900 XT and the Geforce 8800 GTS was not as pronounced under Windows XP/DirectX 9, they offer between 50 and 100 percent more performance than these cards under Vista/DirectX 10. These cards pack a major punch and still have some performance reserves.
– Of the mid-range cards Geforce 8800 GTS and the Radeon HD 2900 XT, the Geforce 8800 GTS 320 has a minor advantage in performance and a major one in pricing, while the 8800 GTS 640 is much quieter when compared to the 2900 XT.
– The Geforce 8600 currently looks like the better choice than the Radeon 2600.
– The Geforce 8400 GS, 8500 GT and Radeon HD 2400 all run DirectX 10 game flawlessly without FSAA and with graphics quality setting no higher than medium to achieve playable frame rates.
Read the full report at Toms Hardware
– The Neosmart Files: Windows XP SP3 Beta (Build 3205) Released – Analysis Included
– PSP Fanboy: Review: Final Fantasy Tactics
– Anandtech: AMD’s Newest TV Wonder: Clear QAM For The Masses
– DigitalBattle: Breaking: Battlefield 3 Leaked Info
– PS3 Fanboy: Really long PS3 ad highlights system features through sketches
– Wired: Vote: The Most Underappreciated Scientists of All Time
– Presenting the(new)mediaslut!: Mother/analyst angry with Vista; Ballmer to re-install it for her?
– mrbrown: The move away from print classifieds
– WebSG: Accessibility in Singapore websites
– theory.isthereason: Portal: The Flash version (an addiction for the rest of us!)